Extension Hair Care
Let's face it, extensions are expensive. In order to protect and lengthen the life of your hair, we recommend the following tips:
- Do not wash your hair for 24-48 hours after initial installation.
- Wash with Sulfate FREE shampoo and conditioner.
- Oil the mid to ends of the hair at least once a day. Avoid the root area of hair.
- Air dried hair is fine, but make sure to blow dry the tape area to ensure no moisture leaks into the tape, causing lifting.
- Sleep in a low braid or pony tail.
- Sleep on a silk or satin pillow case.
- Only use a Wet or BathPack brush. Brush from the ends or your hair moving upward.
- Brush a few times a day to prevent tangling.
- When swimming, coat your hair in conditioner and wear in a braid or loose, high bun.
- We have noticed hard water can strip natural and extension hair of color and nutrients. If possible use soft water.
- Be aware, salt water and chlorine can strip hair of color.
- Do not apply conditioner directly to the tape area.
- Blow dry the top of weft so it does not hold moisture.
- Store on a JZ Styles hanger:)
- Clip ins do not need to be washed as often as other hair types.